Thursday 27 June 2013

The past 8 months in a nutshell

I became a mom!!! On October 29, 2012 at 9:37 pm our beautiful daughter, Isabelle Lucy was born.


And I was never the same.

It's really true, what they say - how your entire world changes once you have a kid.  My heart became and is so full, not that it was not before... But even more full.  I guess you can never have too much love.  There is always room for more.

She is almost 8 months.  She does a semi-crawl to get herself around the house.  She loves to eat.  She's very curious.  I wonder what is going through her mind most of the time.  The wonder that she has in her eyes is one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed.   

Then the smile that she gives me every morning or when I do something silly.  It is so precious.  Or when she cries for me because she wants her mommy and no one else will do.  My heart! 

Ok, didn't mean to get all mushy on you now.  But it's really hard not to.


See what I mean?

So that pretty much sums up what I've been up to the past 8 months.

And I also started drawing and re-opened the Etsy shop.  

When Isabelle is napping or not noticing my absence while she plays on her own, I am able to sneak a few moments to draw.  Sometimes Most of the time, the process is not smooth - I have to get up one minute later to make sure she is not playing with the wires from lamps and laptops and what not. Or to make sure she is not tasting the area rug tassels.  But it's all good.

I really love being a mom.  I feel truly blessed!



No comments: